Essential Spa & Body Treatments
Updated: Feb 21, 2018
Nothing can beat a relaxing massage or a rejuventing facial. Here is an express guide to the basic treatments, for your next visit to Caravia Beach Hotel & Bungalows.
Spas are synonymous with tranquil luxury surroundings, dim lights, soft soothing music accented by the sound of flowing water.
Bouquets of citrus, floral and sandalwood scents meshing in delicate harmony, to relax & comfort the senses.
Soft luxurious cotton robes wrap you in a warm and comfortable embrace….and then you surrender to the experienced hands of the therapist.
However, choosing from a spa menu often means learning a foreign language with their benefits not so straightforward for the new comer.
Here, we will decode the most basis massage treatments, so you can fully enjoy your next visit to a spa whilst knowing the benefits of each treatment.
1. Swedish massage: a full body massages involving firm strokes but without much deep, focused work.
2. Deep Tissue Massage: also intended for full body but is much more focused and intense.
3. Aromatherapy Massage: Based on the use of scented oils, this massage is diverse, depending on the choice of oils and the needs of the customer.
4. Hot Stone Treatment: This massage makes use of smooth, rounded basalt stones which are heated in water. The purpose of this type of stone is that it retains heat well. The heat will help warm your muscles allowing them to relax and unwind. The stones are used as an extension of the therapist’s hand. They are usually placed on the belly, hands or back.
5. Thai Massage: dates back to antiquity this massage is based on the principles of the body’s energy system. By applying gentle pressure and stretching the body’s energy lines, this therapy is intended to relieve joint pain and balance out the body’s energy systems.
6. Couples Massage: Intended for the couples that want to share a rejuvenating experience with their significant other, this massage involves any of the above therapies with the company of your better half.
So now that you know the basics of a spa menu, next time you visit sip your hot tea, and relax before your spa journey at Caravia Beach Hotel begins.